1. 10 JAZZ DRUM SET SOLOS -- For a 5-piece kit in jazz-rock-Latin styles at grades 3-4, this collection will acquaint the drummer with various beats, solo suggestions and techniques to better function in the jazz ensemble in a solo and chart-reading capacity. Each solo is approx. 2 min.
2. TSCHAIKOWSKY FOR MARIMBA -- Grades 4-6. Selected from the great composer's symphonic and piano repertoire, these 9 pieces are playable on a low-A marimba; five are playable on vibes. For 2 and 4 mallets.
3. CONCERT MUSIC FOR MALLETS -- 10 pieces from the lute and guitar repertoire at grades 3-5. Playable on marimba or vibes; for 4 mallets by Milan, De Visee, Dowland, Barrios, Giuliani, etc. Suitable for contest or recital.
4. LA PALOMA (THE DOVE) by S. Yradier -- Percussion octet at grade 3 for bells, vibes, marimba, SD, BD, tom-tom, claves, and maracas. Charming Spanish melody (harmonized) in a beguine style. Crowd pleaser. Approximate 4 min.
Just released from Permus Publications!
Two easy (grade 2) works for bell kits (or any mallet instruments):
1. AMAZING GRACE -- Famous hymn in the key of C modulating to the key of F for a trio.
2. PAVANE by L. Milan -- Quartet adapted from his lute repertoire from the Renaissance Period.
Dr. Kenneth Piascik, director, is presenting me with the New Jersey Youth Percussion Distinguished Music Leadership Award for excellence in percussion education on May 3, 2015. The ensemble performed "Three Movements for Multi-Percussionist and Percussion Quartet" (mostlymarimba.com).